Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sorry for no blog (and this blog)

First off, I would like to apologize for not posting anything, I have had lots of thoughts...just no time to sit and write them.

Anyway, I am now sitting here in front of my computer with a bit of free time...and here I sit...nothing to say...lets just wait together for a moment and see what comes out...Oh well here is something! My whole family is taking a vacation together in november ( I cant wait by the way...gonna be a blast) and we are in the midst of looking for flights and stuff ( well my brother is anyway) and to do this you need all of your family's names and such. Now, who of you out there, having had a sibling for 31 years or even close to that can tell me what that siblings middle name is? I can tell you all of my siblings middle names...including my in laws...and most of their kids as well ( I think I only missed 2) My brother however, could not seem to draw from the vast resources of his brain to come up with my middle name. My middle name is Gary...after my DAD...also Gary. My brothers middle name is ....ummm.....GARY!!!! Now, I know he will defend himself by saying I have a second middle name, and he is right, but honestly after 31 years...you really should know these things!! Why do we have middle names...can someone please leave a comment and let me know where this tradition started...It seems that most middle names are a "shout out" to something or someone...a great aunt, favourite author or actor...a mom or dad. The thing that is wierd to me is, that these names are not importatnt enough to be given out as a first name...just stuffed in there as an afterthought...usually they don't even sound good...they are just there...being annoying! I don't know, anyway, someone let me know why we do this and I will be much happier. Wow, this is a super lame blog...who writes this crap and expects people to read it...this is total garbage and I am very sorry that you have wasted the last few minutes of your life reading it. The only good thing is the title...and I am going to go change it in a minute to something else, there...I added a bit to the title..now its more accurate. Man, what self indulgent nonsense...what gives me the right to make fun of middle names just because my son has the coolest names ever!! Wow where did that come from...boy I am arrogant some times! Well this really needs to end and I will try again another day to write something amusing...or interesting...or just neutral but not annoying....because this blog sucks!!

5 comments:

  1. yet i still read the whooollle thing...thanks for that ;)
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree ... i think middle names are very important!!! ( i wont state why, but I hope you know why I feel this way Ben)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was sad too son. But now I am sad that you are not proud to be named after your dad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, how did you come to that conclusion from what I said..I like my name!!

    ReplyDelete