Monday, July 6, 2009

No speaky english

My dear mother sends me a lot of annoying forwards ( mostly they are annoying becuas by the time she sends them to me I have already recieved them 4 or 5 times) but occasionally there is a new gem in there. This happened today with her "tenjooberrymuds" forward...I seriously almost threw up I was laughing so hard because I have HAD THAT converstion!!! Anyway, I will attach it at the bottom so you can read it...maybe it was only funny because it came so early in the morning, but I doubt it...it is funny! You need to read it quietly once then read it again aloud with any kind of accent! It will make your day!.
Ok,on with my rant! I admit that while it can be frustrating at times speaking with someone that does not primarily speak english, here in Canada it seems to be more the norm than an exception, but I understand and am glad we live in a country that embraces other cultures as well as we do. What frustrates ME, is speaking with someone who has spent their entire life in Canada, who has progressed through our school system and for some reason STILL cannot speak english!! You may not notice it at first, but listen close and you will begin to hear the delightful sounds of people who make more money than you, using words without meaning...or perhaps words with meaning...completley out of context! What do I mean? Well for instance...what is an "explanation point" I guess that's what you would use at the end of a sentence that needs further explanation??? What about ( there is actually an episode of "friends" about this one) Supposably...supposably...supposably??? That is not a word! It sounds like a word...kind of! For anyone reading this right now saying...that is a word...isn't it? The word you are after is supposedly...THERE IS NO B!! and another thing... "Y O U'R E means you are...Y O U R means your!" One that comes up at my work is the "word" planful.This is not a word!! This one is just annoying because it's lazy...just use real words to make your point ok!(calculating or something like that...Planful is NOT a word!) I also love it when people use the wrong trite phrase to describe something...for example, someone very close to me who shall remain nameless almost without exception uses the phrase "touch and go" when trying to relay the sentiment "hit and miss" as in, " the service in that restaurant is hit and miss" but that one is just cute...because I know what she means!! But I would have to say that my all time personal favorite would have to be...irregardless!!! Oh my, when someone says this word, I lose my mind...seriously the funniest thing about it, is that when you put the "ir" in front of regardless...it actually "eats" the word, rendering it useless in the sentence. Did you people not take english in highschool? I am by no means an english major...a good student...or any authority on language, but I am proud to say...I can speak my native tounge without sounding like too much of an idiot...opinions aside!!

Have a nice Day!! (irregardless of the weather ;-p )



MOMS FORWARD...ENJOY


For those of you who have spent time on the line of a call centre……..





This is a hoot .... sad, because it is TRUE ..... but a hoot !!!!By the time you read through this YOU WILL UNDERSTAND "TENJOOBERRYMUDS"...In order to continue getting-by in our home land, we all need to learn the NEW English language! Practice by reading the following conversation until you are able to understand the term "TENJOOBERRYMUDS".With a little patience, you'll be able to fit right in.Now, here goes...The following is a telephone exchange between maybe you as a hotel guest and call room-service somewhere in the good old U S A today......
Room Service : "Morrin.. Roon sirbees."
Guest : "Sorry, I thought I dialed room-service."
Room Service: " Rye. Roon sirbees...morrin! Joowish to oddor sunteen???"
Guest: "Uh..... Yes, I'd l ike to order bacon and eggs."
Room Service: "Ow July den?"
Guest: ".....What??"
Room Service: "Ow July den?!?... pryed, boyud, poochd?"
Guest: "Oh, the eggs! How do I like them? Sorry.. scrambled, please."
Room Service: "Ow July dee baykem? Crease?"
Guest: "Crisp will be fine."
Room Service: "Hokay. An Sahn toes?"
Guest: "What?"
Room Service: "An toes. July Sahn toes?"
Guest: "I... don't think so."
RoomService: "No? Judo wan sahn toes???"
Guest: "I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what 'judo wan sahn toes' means."
RoomService: "Toes! Toes!...Why Joo don Juan toes? Ow bow Anglish moppin we bodder?"
Guest: "Oh, English muffin! !! I've got it! You were saying 'toast'...Fine...Yes, an English muffin will be fine."
RoomService: "We bodder?"
Guest: "No, just put the bodder on the side."
RoomService: "Wad?!?"Guest: "I mean butter... just put the butter on the side."
RoomService: "Copy?"
Guest: "Excuse me?"
RoomService: "Copy...tea..meel?"
Guest: "Yes. Coffee, please... and that's everything."
RoomService: "One Minnie. Scramah egg, crease baykem, Anglish moppin, we bodder on sigh and copy ... rye??"
Guest: "Whatever you say."
RoomService: "Tenjooberrymuds."
Guest: "You're welcome"

Remember I said "By the time you read through this YOU WILL UNDERSTAND 'TENJOOBERRYMUDS'.....and you do, don't you!

2 comments:

  1. thank you very much?
    -Sorry I don't think I found it as funny as you did. But thanks for sharing. I look forward to reading your future rants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cringe when someone says to us------

    R USE READY TO ORDER????

    ReplyDelete