Wednesday, July 29, 2009

SIGNS

Have you ever been driving down the street and seen a funny road sign...or read a sign that didn't make sense...or seemed offensive in some way? I feel like I have seen a lot of these lately and I am not sure why. I drove past a big church on Northfield drive and read their flashing marquee sign... "we now have a supervised nursery"... seriously? what the heck did you have before??? like, an unsupervised nursery...just drop your kid off into our little darwinistic room and if your child has the right stuff...you can pick them up after church...but if not...well, I guess it wasn't meant to be. Weird right? And actually I had a discussion about this particular sign with a friend yesterday...and the saw it last night...have you seen this sign?
SLOW CHILDREN AHEAD Now of course this means...PLEASE DRIVE SLOW...There are children playing ahead. But that is NOT what it said...it said SLOW CHILDREN AHEAD...how do your kids feel when they read this sign...poor little mongos! ( Matt Dylan...something about Mary) Then I drove past a hotel in downtown Kitchener to read their sign bragging about their "Heated Poo " That snothing to brag about...sometimes, depending on what I have been eating ...mine is Hot...burning in fact!!!!
Have you seen any funny signs? Tell me about them and we will have a laugh..." We are laughing...laughing together"
Remember...You don't have a coat even! ...You don't Even have a coat !! (proline commercial)

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen many signs lately that are "disturbing", at least that I can remember. My favorite sign that I've seen lately...

    CAUTION!
    Children
    being
    Children

    I found the humor in it, but then I realized that someone, somewhere, wouldn't have the slightest clue what that meant...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the sign outside the school where I work said... pot buy 2pm ...yikes a Catholic school fundraiser

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried to leave comments and every time I type a whole lot of stuff it will not accept it.
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Can I eat this?"

    "Yes, you can."

    (SWACK! Creature attaches to face)

    "Now it lay egg in you!"

    ReplyDelete