Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Play ball!

So it occured to me last night, that out of shape , middle aged men take their mens christian league slo pitch a little to seriously! I play in the afforementioned league and have at times found myself believing that the softball game in which I am playing will have a profound impact on the fabric of my life...you can ask my old teammates, I have literally screamed at old men who were umpiring like it somehow mattered if we won or lost...I laugh now...at just how stupid I am! Not sure what all that was about, but just had to say it! Anyway, So yesterday, after work I was at home with Jack and Sarah. Jack is potty training right now, and doing fairly well I might add! He is aware of when he has to go and usually tells us so we can get him to the potty. Well yesterday, he triumphantly announced.."I have to poop!" and he ran for the washroom. I tore myself away from the riveting episode of Yo Gabba Gabba on "treehouse" and headed for the washroom. As I was heading through the kitchen, I could hear Jacks diaper coming off and assumed he was getting ready to poop, but as I rounded the corner he was standing there naked and threw his diaper to me. So, as any good "christian mens slo pitch league player" would, I of course used both hands and caught the flying diaper. The problems began when I realized that while my wonderful son is excelling at potty training, his language skills need help. " I have to poop " is what he said...What he should have in fact announced was " I have already pooped and require you to change my heavily soiled, terribly smelly, and oddly runny diaper please " This slight miscommunication made a real mess on my shirt!! Oh well...it not the first time I have been crapped on and I am sure it won't be the last!
Have a good day!

Go REDSOX!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome story ... kinda gross ... but really awesome. Makes me never want to have kids lol

    ReplyDelete