Monday, June 29, 2009

Number 1

Ok...so here we go! This past weekend while we were driving to a wedding, Sarah ( my lovely wife) told me I should start a blog...mostly I think this is because she is tired of listening to me blab and this way she can pick and chose what she wants to hear! ( but that is just conjecture) I have a lot of opinions on lots of topics ranging from bad driving to Euthanasia and I hope you will find some humor in something I might say...

So I feel like it is timely to share my feelings on the recent passing of "the king of Pop" Michael Jackson.

WOW...seriously...can I just say...WOW! I am sure that his death has greatly impacted some people close to him, (as death does for most of us) but the fact that we are obsessed with so much about his death (911 calls...doctor interviews etc) is really pathetic. I cahllenged one of my students today ( who was unable to complete work due to being distraught over the death of the superstar) that if she had no access to media, that her life would not have changed one little bit! Seriously...Michael Jackson has been nothing but a sideshow for many years. Now I will of course acknowledge his enourmous talent, you would be a fool to discount that, but really, what have you done for me lately! He has been a circus sideshow, with all the drama surrounding him...and I for one am glad that it is over..for him...for me...for us all. He was the ultimate example of not going out with a bang! he should have retired 10 years ago, then maybe I would feel differently, perhaps not, I don't know, but I would have at least felt like, Maybe we are missing out on "what might have been" in his career, but now, I feel like we have avoided the painfully slow, despeartly clinging to a career, re hash the past and exploit past successes for present fame! (ala the rolling stones...give it up...and put a damn shirt on!) Anyway, lets be done with that and move on with our lives... if we can!

4 comments:

  1. Wow...insightful!
    Nice spelling too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I thought I'd give your new blog a whirl, but since you chose to dis the KING OF POP in your first entry, I will never read it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. clearly brandon didn't read to the bottom of the page.

    ReplyDelete