Thursday, February 11, 2010

Transformation...Day 3

So, its been a couple of days since my alleged "watershed moment" back on Monday night...and whats changed?
Well, there has been no lightning, no rainbows or angellic chourus' singing in the sky. What has there been? Well, I can't really describe it, but I have felt a real sense of peace. I haven't felt this in quite a while. I have been feeling a lot of anxiety about everything...on edge, for no reason, just was. So this new peaceful feeling is counter active to the feelings of un-easiness that I have become accustomed to in the past while. I must say, its still a little un-nerving though. I have found that I am being confronted with habits I have formed, and attitudes I have cultivated that actually make me feel sick...for example; I actually feel like my road rage is diminished. What I mean is that I have become less concerned about other people's driving habits and more concerned about the fact that I have vainty plates on my car...and what does that mean...well it means that I have begun to be concerned with the PEOPLE in those cars, and what is going on for them, and in a wierd way I want my car to become synonomous with Grace. I know this may sound really strange, but this (road rage- and ulitamtley, hate and anger towards people who in my opinion "can't drive) has been a big issue for me, so these feelings while they may appear random are actually quite profound. I have a new found sense of Grace for people who have very recently annoyed the life out of me...And None of this is because of anything I have done...I just decided to let it happen and its happening and its enjoyable. important things that last week in my life stressed me out, are now important, but not stressfull. I know things will work out, and I feel happy about life for the first time in a long time. I know I have a ton of things to do and change, but that task soes not seem overwhelming anymore, I understand I don't have to be an all or nothing thinker...I understand that this is going to be a process...and I quite honestly feel a little sheepish if not stupid that it has taken me the better part of 33 years to figure this out. I feel all cheesy. Really, I hate cheesiness but I feel like singing and hugging people. I can't wait to have the kind of friendships I have been waiting for...True deep lasting friendships...meaningful, two way, mutually beneficial friendships. ( I do have some good friends now, but I can't wait to be the kind of friend I know I can be) I am excited about the future, not scared anymore. I can't wait to see what happens next!

1 comment:

  1. Wow---daddy said----Wow--I think he got saved. (from HIMSELF) That is cool Ben. Ihope some of this NEW Ben can rub off on Dad. He could use some new feelings towards drivers and such. This is all so refreshing and Jesus wantsyou to enjoy your life and your famiy.
    Love
    Momma

    ReplyDelete